Aliwen Reserva Chardonnay, Viña Undurraga
Aliwen Reserva Chardonnay, Viña Undurraga
This exciting wine has a full and ripe yet elegant nose. On the palate, it is rich and firm, notable for a bright acidity. It turns lush and opulent with deep fruit flavors that finish oaky and sweet. It is an excellent accompaniment for seafood, fish and salad.

Country and Region: Chile,Maipo Valley

Classification: Wine of Chile - Produced from grapes carefully selected from prime vineyard locations in Curico Valley (70%) and Maipo Valley (30%).

Producer: Aliwen

Wine Style: White

Grape Varieties : Chardonnay

Vinification: After undergoing a rigorous selection, the clusters were placed directly in modern pneumatic presses. The must, placed in stainless steel vats, was inoculated with selected yeasts. Two days later, 60% of it was transferred to new and second use french and american Oak barrels, where the wine ferments for 14 days. The wine remains in barrels for four months, where it was subjected to permanent “battônages”. The other 40% of the must was left to ferment for 16 days, at temperatures ranging between 17°C and 19° C in order to extract the maximum varietal aromas and flavours.

ABV: 13%

Closure: Screw Cap

Note: ‘Aliwen’ means ‘Sacred Tree’ in the language of the ‘Mapuche’, indigenous people of Southern Chile. For them, this tree symbolizes the union between the Cosmos and the Earth. Undurraga chose the name for this light, easy drinking range of wines, produced by winemaker Carlos Concha, as a metaphor for Chile itself and the country’s majestic biodiversity. Each wine originates from different valleys, each with their own unique personality. In order to ensure that ‘Scared Tree’ is more than just an abstract concept, Undurraga have partnered with the Reforest Patagonia Foundation. For each bottle of Aliwen wine purchased, anywhere in the world, Undurraga will make a donation to the campaign to reforest native trees in Patagonia.

Case Size: 6

Case price: £ 60.00

Bottle Price: £ 10.00